• SSA is a venture by the Founders of StartupMalaysia.org to help young children between the ages of 10-17 to understand the world of entrepreneurship;
• At SSA we believe entrepreneurship is not just about starting a business but about starting anything;
• We thus run a series of weekend and school holidays programs that aims to teach the young participants the art and science of venture creation;
• The contents of the program rests on 2 key ideas:
– Every problem is an opportunity. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity
– Entrepreneurs do a lot more with a lot less;
Dash – Founder of StartupMalaysia.org
StartupMalaysia.org has a mission to increase the number of fundable startups. Dash has a passion for entrepreneurship and has founded various companies and programs that aim to help startup entrepreneurs. Startup School Asia his newest awesome addition to the startup ecosystem!
Frequently asked questions
Most current education systems do not prepare children to solve real life problems. Children between the ages of 12-17 years have very little exposure to engineering, technology and entrepreneurship within the school system other than as a consumer. Startup School Asia wants to encourage youth to go beyond being a consumer and become creators and unleash their innovation and creativity.
Every two years, new technical information doubles. This means that halfway through a four-year degree, students will already be left trailing behind the industry, even before finishing. The problem is, graduating students firmly hold the belief that their degrees qualify them for a number of different jobs, when in fact, many employers seek candidates with degrees that no one seems to provide.
We cannot change the education systems and policies, but we recognise that in today’s highly competitive global “knowledge economy,” our youth need new skills for college, careers and citizenship, as traditional school based learning increasingly becomes insufficient. Looking at our education system, we must acknowledge that schools are not moving at the same pace as the world.
Startup School Asia has a sole purpose to advance the skills of the young generation and enable them to reach their full potential by providing them with a deep dive into the area of innovation, coding and tech industry. We focus on Tech, Coding, “Problem Solving and Solution Building” and “Communication & Teamwork”. Through project based and fun filled learning of tech and entrepreneurship we aim to encourage more children to pursue education in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and follow career paths in the fields.
In the event of withdrawal from the program the following refund policy will apply:
|Date of withdrawal||Free refund (%)|
|Within 3 days after acceptance of offer letter||80%|
|Prior to first day of school / camp||No refund|
|During school / camp||No refund|